Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Eve 2010

To our delight we FINALLY had plans for New Years Eve Celebration! I can honestly say that it's had to be at least 10 years or so since we've gone out on New Years Eve!

This year was going to be different than most New Years Eve parties...we weren't just going to any ole' party, NO we were going to a wedding on New Years. My friends from Lexis, Lindsey and Kyle, were getting married. Yes they both work in my department together. I love my husband but I am thankful that we don't work in the same place. Sharing a parking lot with him is more than enough for me (Todd's work is next door to my building so we actually share a parking lot).

We didn't have to even ask and Teta was already volunteering her services for New Years Eve. She loves watching the kids and was so excited to have both for the night. Of course in true Teta fashion, she went all out and even bought the kids New Years hats and noise makers. I can't even fathom what we would ever do without Teta and Gido; they are truly a blessing to us and to our children!

Gido and Jonah.

Jonah's ready to party in his New Years hat.

The wedding was at Christ United Methodist Church in Kettering (on Shroyer Road) near the Fraze. It was a beautiful church. Once we arrived we congregated with all of my Lexis friends and their spouses/significant others. My friend Lisa, and sales meeting roommate from 2 years ago, was a bridesmaid. She looked spectacular and we enjoyed meeting and getting to know her husband Todd (great name, right?) throughout the night!

Lisa was a bridesmaid.

Shortly after we arrived the wedding began. It was a beautiful ceremony that united not just Lindsey and Kyle but their sons Carter and little Kyle too. It was definitely a tearjerker at times. Not to mention that Lindsey looked spectacular and Kyle didn't look so shabby himself all dressed up!


Here comes the bride!

After the wedding we headed down the street to Presidential Banquet Center for the reception and New Years festivities.  There we spent most of the evening with all of my Lexis colleagues and their spouses. Todd was happy that our friends Paul and Vanessa were there since he knew them. Paul and Vanessa just got married this past summer and I was a bridesmaid and 34 weeks pregnant at their wedding (see earlier blog post entitled Summer = Weddings).  Paul and Vanessa are expecting a baby boy this coming May. We couldn't happier for them and we are hoping that they will move to Springboro soon so that Baby Stephan and Jonah can be in school together!


We were determined to feel that little guy kick!

Of course the food was delicious because Kohler catered it and the company was great. We had a great time and a lot of fun. Lindsey and Kyle had New Years party hats, tiara's, beads and noisemakers on hand.


Jamiee and I with the happy couple.

My HOT date!

Before the night was over, I just had to see my babies. Not to mention that I wasn't used to staying up past midnight unless I was administering a bottle feeding. We called my parents and the kids were still up so we headed back over to their house and kissed the kids Happy New Year! Since Teta was on call the night before and I was in good shape (i.e. completely sober; I can't say the same for Todd), we took Jonah back home with us and Stella stayed the night with Teta and Gido. Teta and Gido have a crib, bouncer and a high chair at their house so they are well equipped and prepared for when the kids come and visit but I didn't want to risk Jonah getting them up at night.

Mr. & Mrs. Kyle Williams!

For our first New Years Eve celebration out in nearly a decade a lot of fun was had by all!  Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Kyle Williams; we couldn't be happier for you guys! Here's to many more New Years together!


No comments:

Post a Comment