Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Mikey!

Can you believe that Mike is 25 already? Oh wait this is not the month by month Jonah blog. LOL


It was Mikey's birthday was this past weekend! My sister Sarah (Mikey's beloved wife) had an entire weekend of festivities planned with friends, family, Mikey's favorite foods and activities and such! You can read all about it in her Mike's Birthday Extravaganza blog. Saturday evening we packed the kids up and trucked all the way (less than 1 mile) down to Mike and Sarah's house for an evening of fun!

While at their house, Auntie Sissy had her patty cake time with Mr. Jonah. As you can see, his favorite part is at the end when you "throw it in the pan!" I'm so lucky that my sister lives so close by and that she is an important part of Stella and Jonah's lives. She is one of the few other people that love my kids as if they were her own. I am honored that she is their Godmother!


Sarah made a lasagna dinner and we sang "Happy Birthday" to Mike and we even had yummy cake too! My sister found a little cake place called Cake, Hope and Love that was made a red velvet cake that was covered in fondant and  was decorated with a chcaricature of Mike on it. It was pretty awesome, I must say. It was no Ashley's Pastry Shop cake but it was definitely a close competitor! :) As you can see we are not in the least bit loyal to Ashley's. They've made almost every important celebration cakes for our family, from graduation cakes to shower cakes to wedding cakes and now even our kids birthday cakes!



Mikey has recently been taking piano lessons so for his birthday my sister bought him a Yamaha GDX640 Portable Grand Piano. Needless to say he absolutley LOVED it and he played around on it and even played several songs for us while we were there! He's so talented artistically, it doesn't surprise me in the least that he's musical too.



My favorite part of Saturday evening was watching Mikey playing with Jonah and beat boxing to him. As you know, Mike is Jonah's Godfather and they share a unique and special bond that even makes Teta a little jealous (if you can even begin to fathom that). Mike loves JoJo so much and vice versa. Jonah and Mikey Skype a few times a throughout the week and Jonah always smiles at Mikey even if its just through the computer on Skype.




Then, Sunday evening we went to Carver's with the whole family. It was a lot of fun and yummy no less. Not only was the food delicious, the company wasn't too shabby either. Once again, Teta was jealous that Jonah was smiling at Gido and Mike and not her; this was definitely the highlight of the evening.

Nothing makes me happier then big family dinners. It seems lately that everyones schedules with work, school, travel and extracurricular activities have been crazy and so these dinners are always a good time to catch up and decide on our annual family vacation. We used to have Sunday dinners with my family every Sunday but again because everyones schedules have been crazy we haven't had them in quite some time. Which reminds me, I'll be calling Teta now and getting her back on the wagon so that we can resume our Sunday dinner rituals. I'll also be requesting (and by requesting I mean demanding) my favorite dishes while I'm at it.

During dinner we discussed where we wanted to take our annual family vacation over the week of Thanksgiving. Thankfully Teta doesn't have to work during the Thanksgiving holiday this year so we're planning on going on a family vacation. Also, Gido turns 70 in early December, so this trip will also serve as his celebration too. Can you believe that my adorable dad/Gido is going to be 70??? Surely he doesn't look a day older than 30! Right? ok maybe not 30, but not a day older than 40!

I am excited for this vacation! The last vacation we took was this past summer to Hilton Head Island while I was 6+ months pregnant with Jonah. Additionally as many of you know, the holidays are typically very stressful for me; so nothing makes me happier than to get out of town around the holidays. Consensus is that we're either going on a 1 week Disney Cruise (Eastern Caribbean) or heading to Orlando for a week. Disney World is always fun and "it's where dreams come true." And any place we go the weather will be much warmer than the weather in Ohio. As always, I'll be doing the research and leg work  to see what kind of deals are out there and what seems to make the most sense monetarily. Stay tuned and I'll keep you posted as to where we'll be going...

No family get together would be complete without "double trouble" aka Stella and Sophie.



 
Overall it was a wonderful weekend, and we were so excited to be a part of Mikey's 25th Birthday celebration. Here's to many more blessed years Mikey, we love you!!

1 comment: