Wednesday, April 6, 2011

In Memory of Phipps Langley...

On April 6, 2010 this earth lost a decorated war hero (WWII vet), son, brother, friend, husband, father, grand father and great grand father. Todd's 91 year old grandfather, Phipps Langley past away on April 6, 2010. We found out we were having a baby boy on April 5, 2010 and on April 6, 2010 Grandad passed away. We found it fitting to name our son after Grandad and so Jonah's full name is Jonah Phipps Shenouda Langley. And in true Phipps Langley fashion, Jonah has the cutest dimple chin like Grandad, Papi (Todd's dad) and Todd!

 

Grandad was such a wonderful person and touched every life that he ever came into contact with. He loved life to its fullest and was always excited to be in your presence.

Very handsome Army man!


I've always said that this photo should be captioned "rough day on Wall Street!"


Stella loved riding in the golf cart at the lake with Grandad!


Granny & Grandad- a true love story- married over 60 years!


At our wedding in 1999; I hope Todd and I can make it 60+ years too!

I've always said that Grandad was more than "Todd's grandfather" to me. From the first time I met him he treated me as if I was one of his own grandchildren and was always so loving and generous! Since I lost my grandparents at such a young age it was so nice to feel like I actually still had a grandfather.

So one year later, although Grandad has been sorely missed, we remember all of the wonderful things about him all of the lives he touched and simply- celebrate his life! 
We love you Grandad!

1 comment:

  1. What a great post, Marian. I had wondered where Jonah's middle name came from. I LOVE the old pictures of Todd's grandfather -- he is very handsome!

    ReplyDelete