Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day 2010

Its been several weeks since I last blogged and a lot has happened...

This week Stella lost one of her top teeth. That stubborn little fella was "wiggly" for quite a while and it was nice to see it finally come out. I was absolutely grossed out every time Stella would say "look what I can do mommy" and she would push her tongue against the back of the tooth and the tooth would be poking out of her mouth at a 90 degree angle...YUCK. The tooth fairy left her $2 for her tooth! Geez when I was a kid it was a $1 for your first tooth and .50 cents there after. Apparently the tooth fairy is recession proof. LOL :) On Friday (May 28th) we took Stella to Kings Island. Teta and Gido bought the girls (their grand babies Stella and Sophie) and their parents of course Kings Island Gold Passes. We live less than 20 miles from Kings Island and it's a great place for the kids to have fun and for the parents to wear the kids out. Stella loved Planet Snoopy and rode most of the rides. Here is a picture of Stella on the carousel and of course of all of the horses she could pick she picked the zebra (Racing Stripes- on of her favorite movies).

We met up with some of our good friends, Vine & Giga and their kids and had a wonderful evening visiting with friends. The best part about Kings Island: Stella slept for 12 hours after a day at KI.

I've felt baby boy moving quite a bit lately. I am beginning to see figure out some of his patterns and routines. I certainly haven't experienced any really hard kicks or jabs but I can certainly tell when I am being kicked and when I am being punched. His little head is on my right and his feet are on my left side. And although sometimes I feel like sometimes he is doing a jig on my bladder, I wouldn't give up any of these kicks or punches for anything.

I had to buy a maternity bathing suit this week. I didn't have to buy one with Stella because she was born on June 4th so after she was born I just wore a fat girl suit. Needless to say, there is nothing more embarrassing looking like a beached whale at the pool but I certainly didn't have much of a choice. Baby boy will not be here until September and there is no way that I will be able to survive the summer heat without cooling off in the pool. Beached whale or not, I'm going to need to cool off and take a dip so I was left with no choice but to buy a maternity suit!

I hope that everyone is having a happy and safe Memorial Day!

1 comment:

  1. Let us know next time you're going to KI. Dave & I have been taking Payton a lot this Summer since we got Gold Passes this season too! We'd love to meet up with the Langley fam! Keep me posted! :)

    ReplyDelete