Sunday, April 11, 2010

15 Weeks & Counting

I can hardly believe that I am now 15 weeks into my 40 week journey. Oh how time has flown by, yet September cannot get here quick enough. This weekend I found myself day dreaming about the nursery and what color it would be or what theme it would be... The sheer anticipation of the baby's arrival is just killing me. I even felt tempted to cuise the internet for some baby clothes. Luckily I havent bought any yet although my sister bought us some this weekend.

During the past few days I have felt more and more "flutters." Often these flutters can be mistaken for gas but I could tell that what I was feeling was NOT gas but the baby instead. I can't wait until these flutters turn into kicks and jabs so that I can share the experience with Todd & Stella.

We had a bit of a pregnancy scare this past week. Sunday night/early Monday morning I felt 4 contractions. I went to the doctor and had an ultrasound. The good news is that the ultrasound revealed the sex of the baby! Stay tuned to find out if its a girl or boy! The bad news is that I have to do less and rely on more people. If you know anything about me, you know that this will be a huge feat for me as I am typically a "doer" and a constant busy body. I guess I will have to learn to like doing nothing and planting my bottom on the couch more!

So with 15 weeks down there is only 25 more to go.....

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are going to be taking it easy. That will be hard for you but I know you'll make it a priority -- this baby has an amazing mama! I'm guessing you're having a girl, but I can't wait to find out for certain!

    I couldn't be happier for you and it makes me smile whenever I see you've updated your blog -- I do think your news has made my year!

    ReplyDelete